Nature, Art, Health, and Wellness

Nature, Science, and Art
Welcome!

September 25, 2010

Charcoal and Newsprint Fix

I'm still working on figuring out how to get more meaning in my artwork. I want to get to the place where my artwork is meaningful to me and also to viewers who see it. Although I think its better that I just need to get my meaning into it and not think of how others will see it. Lets see, it's not just "meaning" that I'm trying to accomplish, it's about getting to the core of myself, putting more of myself into it. Not just another pretty landscape, even though people like those. Where is my life's meaning in a landscape? Right now it is not there in my artwork. I will find it, though. I've gone back to the beginning in art education and right now I'm working everyday in an 18 x 24 newsprint pad, with charcoal, just working out of my head to try to grasp some inner insight to what topics or images or style of working would be stronger for me.

No comments: